WIIFF2016 - An Initiative to Encourage Women Filmmakers
An Initiative to Encourage Women Filmmakers
Whatashort is happy to announce its another awesome film festival which is purely dedicated to women. It is one of a kind film festival showcasing films made by women and women-centric films around the globe. It encourages national and international, established and emerging artists to come up with either women filmmakers or women-centric films.
WIIFF16 wants to showcase women on and off the camera to highlight their talent whether before or behind the camera.
With only 2-3 out of 900 filmmakers in India, and 7% of filmmakers in world. This festival has been designed to promote women in film industry and to celebrate women’s accomplishments.
What Inspired us?
Ever since the creation of history women are oppressed by patriarchy, but then came reformers contemporary to such periods. It’s the trailblazer and the torchbearer who inspires us to take such step in the field of film industry, to give women more opportunity in filmmaking than they have asked for. It’s ‘We’ (male & female) who established this society not ‘I’ (male or female).
As per the statistics, women stands virtually nowhere in filmmaking. I believe we ought to encourage such female artist who are seeking for a platform or hand to grab on, to architect their dream into reality. With their great contribution in our filmmaking fraternity they will give various perspective of looking into to our world which is yet to be seen by us. It’s the artist who gives the vision to her/his admirer, to come forward and join for a cause, to the change and break the stereotype and chauvinism which is ingrained in our society, waiting for to be eradicted.
Whatashort India International Film Festival, has opened submissions for WIIFF16. WIIFF16 is a juried competition, open to any individual / student or professional filmmakers around the Globe. It is specially designed to help highlight the hardwork of women in film industry and encouraging women to make films, produce or write.
How to Apply?
- Pay your submission fee through online method on this website.
- After successful payment, you’ll be redirected to film submission form where you will submit your film details.
- Send us a confirmation mail at email@example.com
- You can easily submit your film through submission partners like filmfreeway, festhome and clickforfestivals
Rules to Submit?
- A filmmaker must be a women or must hold the role of at least one of the following : Director, Cinematographer, Story Writer , Screenplay or Lead Actress in a male directed film
- Short films above 3 mins and under 20 mins are allowed. Running time includes front and back credits.
- Film can be presented on any topic.
- All non-english films must have subtitles.
- All materials must be submitted with the film (for eg: film poster, trailer, production images & other things which are necessary)
- You must be 18 or above to participate in this competition.
- Only youtube and vimeo links are accepted.
- Once the film is selected can’t be withdrawn in any circumstances, however festival committee reserves the right to disqualify any film on certain grounds.
- By submitting film to WIIFF16, a filmmaker/producer takes the whole responsibility of copyright issues, script & other creative and technical aspects of film.
- Failure to follow the rules will reject or disqualify your film from being admitted to the festival and you forfeit your entry fee.
- Festival committee reserves the right to extend or shorten the deadlines, notification or event’s date.
- Festival committee may introduce various offers for the promotion of the film festival.
Fiction & Non-Fiction
Films between 3 min to 20 mins of any genre and topic. Must be directed by a woman or must hold the role of at least one of the following : Story Writer, Cinematographer or Lead Actor
Films under 20mins of any genre and topic. Must be directed by a woman or must hold the role of at least one of the following : Story Writer, Cinematographer or Lead Actor
This is our special category in which we are accepting films between 3 – 20 mins and must contain subject matter that promotes the advancement of women in society or puts light on feminist issues. Must be directed by a woman or must hold the role of at least one of the following : Story Writer, Cinematographer or Lead Actor.
This category’s films must be between 20 sec – 1 mins and must contain subject matter that promotes the advancement of women in society or puts light on feminist issues. Must be directed by a woman or must hold the role of at least one of the following : Story Writer, Cinematographer or Lead Actor.
- Best Short film
- Best Film in HERS Category
- Best Documentary
- Best Advertisement
- Best Cinematography
- Best Filmmaker
- Best Actor
- Best Story Writer
Dates, Deadlines & Fee
Early Bird Deadline
01 January 2016
15 January 2016
- Navdrishti is a registered NGO which was founded on November 6, 2003 by Mr. Sanjay Singhal, Ms. Neetu Singhal, Mr. Ashok Bansal, Mr. Naresh Jain and Mr. Jagdish Prasad Jain.Navdrishti is working towards:
- Women Welfare – (Women Welfare Programmes includes Sewing Machine Distribution and Woman Talent Promotion/Educational Programme)
- Child Welfare – (Child Welfare Programmes includes Education Prgrammes, Talent Hunt Programmes and Handicap Children Activity Programme)
- Social Welfare – (Social Welfare Programmes includes Health Check-up Camp, Blood Donation Camp, Eye Check up and Motia Bind Operation and Food Distribution Programme)
Pond5 is a New York based online marketplace for royalty-free media. The company licenses royalty-free footage, music, sound effects, after effects, images and 3-D models. They are reported to have the world’s largest collection of stock video footage.
Masaledani is a flexible design studio that designs for print and web. They are a digital branding agency that offers the full range of services including but not limited to Print & Radio Advertising, Digital & Traditional Marketing, Corporate Communiactions, Social Media.
Films submitted after designated deadlines have no guarantee of being viewed for official selection consideration.
For any further query, please mail us at : firstname.lastname@example.org